The Town of Faison was settled on land granted to Henry Faison on
July 2, 1778. When the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad was built, it
had its only curve at the crossroads in this little town. The village
was first called Faison Depot, but later became known as the Town
Faison is located in the northwest corner of Duplin County at
the intersection of highways NC 117 and 403. Highway NC 50 intersects
NC 403 near Faison. Interstate 40, exit 355 is just 3 miles west
Faison has a police department which offers 24-hour protection. Faison and its surrounding areas are served by a well-equipped volunteer fire department and rescue squad.
Seven protestant churches are located in and near Faison. The Goshen Medical Center, located on West Center Street, was built in 1981 and provides the Faison community with the highest quality medical services.
Faison is also home to Cates Pickle, a division of Dean Pickle and Specialty Products Company and Southern Produce Distributors Inc.