Sample Ballots for November 2016 Election
Map of Old Election Districts
New Election Districts Map
pursuant to NCGS 163-166.4
PHOTO ID, SAME-DAY REGISTRATION, OUT-OF-PRECINCT VOTING & PREREGISTRATION
On July 29, a panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit struck down photo ID requirements and other elections procedures enacted under S.L. 2013-381 and amended by S.L. 2015-103. Barring any alternative outcome on appeal, the following are no longer enforceable:
- Photo ID requirement contained in Part 2 of Session Law 2013-381, as amended by Session Law 2015-103
- Removal of preregistration contained in Part 12 of Session Law 2013-381
- Elimination of same-day registration contained in Part 16 of Session Law 2013-381
- Changes to early voting contained in Part 25 of Session Law 2013-381
- Elimination of out-of-precinct voting contained in Part 49 of Session Law 2013-381
The district court order is available
here. Please check back at this website for updates as they become available.
Absentee By-Mail Changes
Pursuant to NCGS 163-230.2, a completed written request form for an absentee ballot is valid only if it is on a form created by the State Board of Elections and signed by the voter requesting absentee ballots or that voter's near relative or verifiable legal guardian. Voters may make a request in person or by writing to the county board for the form to request an absentee ballot. These applications are also available for pick-up in the Board of Elections office. Click below to download.
Pursuant to NCGS 163 Duplin County Board of Elections will meet the first Wednesday of every month at 3P.M. unless otherwise posted.
Absentee Board meetings will be held (pursuant to NCGS 163) on October 18th, 25th, and November 1st, 7th, 8th, all at 5:00 p.m.
State Absentee Ballot Request Form (.doc)
State Absentee Ballot Request Form (.pdf)
***New!!! Vote In Honor of a Vet Program Click here for details***