"Striving for a Healthier Community"
HIV/AIDS has become a significant health problem in Duplin County. HIV goes hand and
hand with other social problems such as drug abuse, STD, teen pregnancy, and poverty. The
HIV/AIDS Program offers HIV testing to the community, educational outreach to any group,
services and support to those living with HIV/AIDS.
- FREE: Confidential HIV Testing by appointment (Monday - Friday 8 am - 5:00 pm)
- FREE: Educational Programs available to any community group.
2010 HIV/AIDS Statistics
As of December 31, 2010, the estimated number of living HIV disease cases diagnosed and reported in North Carolina was 25,074.
- For 2010, 1,487 new diagnoses of HIV disease cases were report in North Carolina.
- For 2010, 796 new diagnoses of AIDS were reported in North Carolina.
- As of December 31, 2010, the estimated number of HIV/AIDS cases for Duplin County was 170.
For information about any of these services call 296-2130. For additional
information on HIV/AIDS please visit the Center
For Disease Control Web Site.
|340 Seminary Street,
Kenansville, NC 28349
Hours of Operation:
|Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.