Affordable Care Act
The combined bills of The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (HR 3590) signed into law March 23, 2010 and The Health Care and Education Affordability Act of 2010 (HR 4872), also referred to as “reconciliation” are often referred to as the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Please note that the Duplin County health plan meets the Federal Government's criteria that:
- Our plan provides minimum essential coverage, which means the plan covers at least 60% of the total allowed cost for medical care.
- Our plan is affordable with the cost no more than 9.5% of your W-2 wages.
All Eligible Employees for our plan would not be eligible for coverage through The Market Place since we meet both standards stated above.
Although please be aware that most people will be required to have health insurance coverage in 2015 through the ACA. Therefore, if you or your family is not eligible for the Duplin County health plan, you’re encouraged to visit www.HealthCare.gov to review health coverage options and possible government subsidies to assist with premium costs. If you or members of your family do not have qualified health insurance in 2015, unless you’re exempt, you will be required to pay a penalty.
Important Contact Information
• Federal website to apply:
• North Carolina website to apply
• To make appointment with NC navigator or
Community Health Center for assistance
▫ Federal website:
Affordable Care Act Library & Links