Administrative Assistant/Visitor Services
Department: Events Center/ Tourism
Grade: 62 Salary/ Hourly: $27,063.71/ $13.01
Open: August 24, 2021 “Open Until Filled”
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Purpose of this position is to provide administrative assistance to the Executive Director of the Duplin County Tourism Development Authority (DCTDA) & Duplin County Events Center (DCEC). This position is to perform a variety of tourism administrative duties and clerical work for the DCTDA & DCEC. Employees in this classification perform routine to complex administrative, public relations and clerical work. Position is responsible for extensive public contact, for preparing and processing a variety of reports, forms, correspondence and various other administrative and clerical duties in support of the DCTDA & DCEC.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- Promotes travel and tourism in Duplin County and the State of North Carolina.
- Responds appropriately to visitor inquiries, groups, maintains inquiry database. Provides information to visitors in a courteous and concise manner; informs visitors of recreational sites, attractions, and events; updates information files and brochure racks on a regular basis.
- Coordinates all services and follow-up with visitors and groups business including special requests, welcome bags, hotel inventory/availability, overnight pick-ups, and evaluations.
- Prepares bills to be paid, purchasing and ordering, invoices, request to purchase, advance travel forms, and any additional finance documents required by the Duplin County Finance Department for DCTDA & DCEC.
- Assists with the development and collects comprehensive information to be used for all collateral materials and general information pieces – Visitor’s Guide, Visitor’s Map, Shopping Guide, Dining Guide, Wine Trail, etc.
- Maintains Extranet Program with updated tourism data, coordinates leads created from the system, attends training and communicates with NC Travel & Tourism Division as needed.
- Distributes promotional materials and organizes method to track the inventory
- Maintains a professional level of performance, service, and accuracy, while creating a hospitable environment representing Duplin County’s tourism industry
- Keeps the Duplin County Events Center Office and related work area neat and professional in appearance
- Organizes and maintains filing system and resource material in the Duplin County Events Center Office.
- Assists the Director by attending some tourism events and meetings within and outside Duplin County.
- Assists in booking and handling packages with local hotels and businesses. Responsible for gathering visitor information and sending the information to the hotel, managing the website information and requests, creating the package information for the visitors and the hotel staff, sending out schedules and making packets for the visitors, and ensuring that the hotel has all supplies for the packages.
- Responsible for making daily deposits if needed.
- Completes any project assigned by the Executive Director
- Maintains and updates both websites with WordPress platform
- Oversees social media including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, blog, and Google + for the DCTDA & DCEC.