Building Maintenance III
DEPARTMENT: Duplin County Department of Social Services
SALARY: $ 12.7563 Hourly / $ 26,533 Annually
OPENING DATE: July 15, 2020 Closing Date: July 28, 2020
APPLY AT: Duplin County Personnel Office
County Administration Building
224 Seminary Street
Kenansville, NC 28349
Website Address: www.duplincountync.com
“Equal Opportunity Employer”
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The purpose of this position is to maintain the Duplin County Department of Social Services building, grounds, and equipment, to include general housekeeping duties. Employees in this classification perform semi-skilled work. This position is responsible for grounds maintenance to include mowing, raking, trimming shrubs; general carpentry, painting, plumbing, and electrical maintenance. This position is also responsible for general housekeeping to include, vacuuming, dusting, mopping. This position performs related work and required and is supervised by the Office Work Supervisor.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Examples of Essential Functions
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this clarification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Responsible for overall maintenance and upkeep of 45,000 square foot DSS building.
- Lawn care to include mowing and trimming. Grounds upkeep to include fertilizing and trimming trees and shrubbery, mulching, and raking.
- Participates in building maintenance to include carpentry, plumbing and electrical maintenance and painting when needed.
- Assists in moving and setting up furniture and equipment.
- Vacuums lobby floor twice per week.
- Cleans interior and exterior windows and sills once per month or as needed.
- Clean and mop portico and all waiting areas as needed.
- Ensure all break areas are cleaned and wiped down. Clean out and wipe down all refrigerators.
- Ensure all bathrooms are cleaned and stocked with soap and paper and kitchens are stocked with soap and towels.
- Removes all trash from kitchens daily and removes office trash from two locations as needed.
- Maintains inventory of agency’s institutional/cleaning supplies.
While the following tasks are necessary for the work of the unit, they are not an essential part of the purpose of this position and may also be performed by other unit members.
- Performs related duties as required and assigned.
- Works in disaster shelter if deemed necessary.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED; supplemented by one (1) year previous experience and/or training involving building and landscape maintenance; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license issued by the State of North Carolina. In accordance with the county’s drug free workplace policy, employees will be subject to pre-employment and random drug screening.