Duplin County Department of Social Services Announcement
Beginning March 24, 2020, Social Services will be closing the lobby to the public but will be providing curbside service to assist citizens with applying for services, making payments in cash, and assessing service needs. Anyone needing assistance with applications will be able to come into the agency after meeting with outside staff. This change will minimize exposure for clients and staff. Residents are encouraged to contact the agency prior to coming to the agency in order to determine whether your needs can be met by phone or computer or to schedule an appointment. You may also email us at email@example.com.
- Applications for Food and Nutrition Services and Medicaid can be completed online with ePass at https://epass.nc.gov/CitizenPortal/application.do . Paper copies of the application can also be picked up through curbside service. Assistance with applications can be provided at the agency if needed.
- There is a drop box available on the left front-side of the building and can be utilized for dropping off applications or other paperwork for an employee. Payments can also be left in the drop box in the form of check or money order and should be in a sealed envelope with your name, address, and date of birth written on the outside of the envelope. Any payments in cash can be paid at curbside service as well.
- Crisis Intervention (CIP) and Low Income Energy Assistance (LIEAP) applications can be completed by phone by contacting the 910-296-2372.
- Please contact the following numbers if you need assistance or would like to schedule an appointment.
- Main Number: 910-296-2200
- Child abuse and neglect reports: 910-296-2200 or 910-271-4985
- Adult abuse, neglect, and exploitation reports: 910-296-2200 or 910-271-4038.
- Child Support: 910-296-2213.
- Non emergency Transportation and Special Assistance: 910-296-2382.