In Home Aide I (Part Time, 20 Hours Per Week)
DEPARTMENT: Duplin County Senior Services
SALARY: $8.93 Hourly
OPENING DATE: June 19, 2020 Closing Date: June 30, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. or Until Filled
APPLY AT: Duplin County Personnel Office
County Administration Building
224 Seminary Street
Kenansville, NC 28349
Website Address: www.duplincountync.com
“Equal Opportunity Employer”
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to assist senior citizens with general housekeeping work in their homes. Employees in this classification perform manual work. Position is responsible for performing housekeeping and cooking duties and preparing meals. Performs related work as required.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Visits home of senior adults according to an established schedule; assists with housekeeping.
- Performs housekeeping duties, such as vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, moping, cleaning the bathroom, changing bed linens and making bed, and washing, ironing, and mending clothes.
- Prepares meals for senior adults; sets table and serves food; washes dishes and cleans kitchen.
- Runs errands; assists with shopping and paying bills.
- Maintains records; observes and reports behavioral and environmental living.
- Attends bi-weekly In-Home Aide in-service training and other required training.
While the following tasks are necessary for the work of the unit, they are not an essential part of the purpose of this position and may also be performed by other unit members.
- Assists with Agency scheduled events and activities.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED preferred; supplemented by twenty-one (21) hours of in-home aide training related to the senior adult population; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Possession of a valid driver’s license issued by the State of North Carolina. Employee must have reliable transportation on a daily basis to be able to serve In Home Aide clients and attend mandatory meetings. In accordance with the county’s drug free workplace policy, employees will be subject to pre-employment and random drug screening.