The senior center serves as a community focal point on Aging for programs and activities that are designed to meet the mental, emotional, social, and physical needs for older adults. Group activities and classes is provided to meet the recreational and educational needs and interests.
Currently, five congregate nutrition sites operate in Duplin County. One hot meal a day is provided at each site location. The congregate nutrition sites open at 10:00 a.m. and close at 2:30 p.m. (List site locations) In addition to the noontime meal, a site calendar is posted with scheduled activities.
- Beulaville Nutrition Site (Beulaville Presbyterian Church) 205 East Main Street, Beulaville, N.C. (10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.)
- Faison Nutrition Site (Wellness & Recreation Center) 184 Park Circle Drive, Faison, N.C. (10:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
- Kenansville Nutrition Site (Senior Center) 213 Seminary Street, Kenansville, N.C. (10:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
- Wallace Nutrition Site (Campbell Center) 209 Clement Street, Wallace, N.C. (9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.)
- Warsaw Nutrition Site (Warsaw Community Center) 309 Memorial Drive, Warsaw, N.C. (10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.)
Home Delivered Meals
Volunteers deliver nutritious meals (frozen meals) to the homebound older adults. The frozen meals are delivered each Monday. The Homebound Meal Coordinator daily checks on each participant to complete wellness phone calls. Currently, seven homebound meal routes is established in Duplin County.
The ensure program is available for older adults to purchase ensure to supplement their diet per nutritional needs as prescribed by a physician. Ensure orders are placed once a month.