Processing Assistant IV/ Bi-Lingual Eligibility Clerk/ Temporary Position
Department: Duplin County Health Department
Pay Grade: 59 Salary/ Hourly: $23, 561/ $11.324
Open Date: 6/24/2021 “Open until filled”
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to obtain financial information in order to determine client payment liability or eligibility status and to gather information for billing third party payers. Duties include calculating household income, inputting data into Electronic Medical Records System (EMR), contacting employers and insurance companies for verification, and assisting accounts receivable clerk with billing tasks.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Determines financial eligibility for program services using information obtained from clients or other sources by established departmental guidelines and approved sliding fee scale.
- Enters information obtained pertaining to financial assessment into the EMR.
- Assists accounts receivable clerk with obtaining necessary information for third party billing including verification of information by contacting employers and third party payers.
- Schedules appointments for the clients via the telephone or walk-ins using EMR and runs broken appointment reports to print and mail reminders.
- Documents information in EMR per policy.
- Completes presumptive eligibility forms for prenatal patients and inputs information into the EMR when received from Duplin Social Services.
- Provides Spanish speaking client’s basic information on clinic services and eligibility requirements.
- Assists with patient follow-up by translating, mailing letters, or placing telephone calls to relay information to the appropriate person.
- Serves as back up to the payment desk which includes creating charges from the superbill in the EMR and posting payments for services received.
- Makes copies of forms for the lab and clinic staff.
- Interprets in the clinic when needed.
- Covers the receptionist desk as needed.
- Translates documents from English to Spanish.
While the following tasks are necessary for the work of the unit, they are not an essential part of the purpose of this position and may also be performed by other unit members.
- Works in emergency disaster shelters as required.
- Performs other related duties as requested by Supervisor
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Fluent in both English and Spanish; and
- High school diploma or GED; supplemented by one (1) or two (2) years previous experience and/or training involving office or secretarial work; or
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.