Processing Assistant IV
DEPARTMENT: Duplin County Health Department (WIC)
SALARY: Grade 59 $ 11.3274 Hourly / $ 23,561 Annually
OPENING DATE: November 15, 2019 “OPEN UNTIL FILLED”
APPLY AT: Duplin County Personnel Office
County Administration Building
224 Seminary Street
Kenansville, NC 28349
“Equal Opportunity Employer”
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to obtain client information in order to provide WIC services. Duties include collecting personal data information, determining WIC eligibility, and inputting data into the electronic medical record (EMR). Employee may also perform receptionist duties to include register patients and schedule appointments for WIC. Also, performs related tasks as assigned.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Schedules appointments for the clients via the telephone or walk-ins using Crossroads.
- Responsible for checking in patients that present for WIC Services.
- Screens participants for categorical, residential, and financial eligibility based on WIC guidelines.
- Enters information and income data in Crossroads.
- Assist with maintaining caseload by calling participants who failed to pick up benefits.
- Answers the telephone.
- Provides clients basic information on WIC services and eligibility requirements.
- Print income ineligibility letters stating failure to qualify based on WIC income guidelines.
- Completes necessary data entry required for WIC certifications, including issuance of food benefits on WIC EBT Card.
- Updates family alerts as applicable.
- Works at any of the WIC sites based on staffing needs.
- Prints next certification due notice and gives next appointment card.
While the following tasks are necessary for the work of the unit, they are not an essential part of the purpose of this position and may also be performed by other unit members.
- Works in emergency disaster shelters as required.
- Performs other related duties as requested by Supervisor.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED;
- Supplemented by one (1) or two (2) years previous experience and/or training involving office or secretarial work; or
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Additional Training/Experience Desired
- Fluent in both English and Spanish
- Experience in using computer software programs such as Microsoft Office, Electronic Medical Records, Data Entry, etc
- Valid NC Driver’s License
- Reliable means of transportation for work assignments