About Us |Government Offices |eServices |Demographics | Sites/Buildings | Business Assistance | Tourism | Quality of Life
Animal Management
Arts Council
Board of Elections
Building Inspections
Cooperative Extension
County Offices map
E-911 Communications
Economic Development
Emergency Management
Emergency Medical Services
Emergency Services
Fire Marshal
Health Services
  Human Resource
  Manager's Office
Parks & Recreation
Register of Deeds
  Senior Center
Sheriff's Office
Social Services
Soil & Water Conservation
Solid Waste & Recycling
Tax Office
Transportation Services
Veterans Services

Frequently Asked Questions About The Duplin County Sheriff's Office

     Sheriff Blake Wallace

 blusep.gif (979 bytes)

When should I call 9-1-1?

9-1-1 is designated as the national emergency number. You should call 9-1-1 to report any emergency that requires the response of law enforcement, fire, or rescue personnel.

Why do the people at 9-1-1 ask so many questions when I call?

It is very important for the telecommunicators at 9-1-1 to obtain enough information from callers to determine an appropriate response. Details are quite important in determining how many deputies should be sent to a call, if suspects are on the scene and the like. Remember, the person that answers the phone at 9-1-1 is there to help you. Please be patient and provide all of the information asked of you. Your safety and the safety of responding deputies is of the utmost importance.

My insurance company wants a copy of a report that I made.  How do I get a copy of a report?

Visit our Records Section of the Duplin County Sheriff's Office at 112 West Hill St. in Kenansville, or call them at (910) 296-2150 for more information.

I called to report a theft of something from my yard and a deputy called me on the phone to take the report.  Is this normal?

In an effort to operate the department in the most cost efficient manner, reports are quite often taken by telephone in cases where there is no substantial "crime scene" evidence that must be actually examined by a deputy.  Please make it clear if you would like a deputy to come out to the scene.

I need my fingerprints taken for a job application.  Does the Sheriff's Department do that?

Yes, a fee of $10.00 is required for the service and it is done at the Sheriff's Office.   Call the Duplin County Sheriff's Office (910) 296-2150 for more information.


Phone: (910) 296-2150
Fax: (910) 296-2156
Mailing Address: PO Box 908, Kenansville, NC 28349
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

updated on 10/28/2013