Social Worker IV/Trainer – Investigate/Assessment/Treatment
DEPARTMENT: Duplin County Social Services
SALARY: $ 23.1058 Hourly / $ 48,060 Annually – $ 35.0197 Hourly / $ 72,841 Annually)“Based on Experience & Qualifications”
OPENING DATE: October 23, 2019 Closing Date: November 5, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
APPLY AT: Duplin County Personnel Office
County Administration Building
224 Seminary Street
Kenansville, NC 28349
“Equal Opportunity Employer”
Website Address: www.duplincountync.com
GENERAL DESPCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The primary purpose of this position is to perform monthly quality assurance case record reviews and provides recommendations for program and/or process improvement within Child Welfare programs. This position analyzes data and identifies data trends and areas requiring improvement in order to meet federal or state requirements and to ensure best practice is implemented to fidelity. This position will train and provide coaching to new employees to ensure the provision of quality case management services that are in compliance with state and federal policy and regulations in order to enable children to be protected in their home(s) or achieve permanence as quickly as possible when removal is necessary.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
Implementation of Quality Assurance Program
- This position is responsible for ensuring program and policy compliance, regular record reviews for quality control and documentation of areas of staff training needed through identification of patterns in noncompliance case work and documentation. Employee should be able to communicate areas of need with leadership and line staff in clear and concise terms. Employee should be knowledgeable of all program policies and procedures. Employee will assist in the development of review tools to be utilized during record reviews.
- This position is responsible for ensuring a process for the regular auditing of records ready to close.
- This position will develop and maintain quality assurance and local policies, procedures, and practices to meet the legislative requirements in the MOU between the county DSS and NCDHHS and is responsible for providing feedback and analysis of both strengths and areas for improvement. Employee will be responsible for assisting management with identifying systemic training needs and developing training plans for units and workers as needed based on deficiencies identified through the review process.
- This position will assist with providing internal trainings as needed determined by management.
- This position is responsible for training and promoting the usage of MAC funding in eligible situations and reviewing documentation to ensure eligibility.
- This position is responsible for developing and implementing positive processes across all units, to drive program improvements.
- This position will prepare monthly reports to communicate with management a summary of case review findings and recommendations.
- This position will perform related duties as assigned.
Data Collection and Analysis
- This position is responsible for collecting, analyzing and interpreting data measuring state and federal outcome measures. These measures include: Safety, Permanency and Well Being.
- This position is responsible for collecting analyzing and interpreting data measuring compliance with State benchmarks for Children’s Services – Intake, Assessments, In-Home Services, Placement, Licensing, and Adoptions.
Required Minimum Training:
Master’s degree in social work from an accredited school of social work; Bachelor’s degree in social work from an accredited school of social work and completion of the Child Welfare Collaborative; Bachelor’s degree in social work from an accredited school of social work and one year directly related experience, Master’s degree in counseling or other human service field and one year of social work or counseling; Bachelor’s degree in a human services field from an accredited college or university and five years directly related experience.
License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation:
Individual must have a valid NC Driver’s License and must have a car for use at work. Individual must be bond