Duplin County is governed by a Board of County Commissioners. The Board consists of five Commissioners elected in even-numbered years by district to four-year terms. Following the November election, the Board takes office at its first meeting in December. Each year the Board organizes itself by electing a chair and vice chair for a one-year term each.
Major responsibilities of the Board include:
- Adoption of an annual budget
- Establishment of the County property tax rate
- Appointment of County officials, board and commission members
- Enactment of ordinances
- Establishment of policies and procedures for the operation of programs
Duplin County has operated under the County Manager form of government since 1979. The County Manager hires the County staff, meets regularly with department and agency heads, and insures the Board’s goals and objectives are met. The County Manager serves at the discretion of the Board and serves as Clerk to The Board of Commissioners. Davis H. Brinson has held the position of Duplin County Manager & Clerk to the Board since November 2017.
Regular meetings are held on the first and third Mondays of each month beginning at 6 p.m. in the Duplin County Administrative Building which is located at 224 Seminary Street in Kenansville, North Carolina.
Department Head: Davis H. Brinson, Clerk to the Board
Phone: (910) 296-2100
Duplin County Administrative Building
224 Seminary Street
Kenansville, North Carolina 28349
Mailing Address: Post Office Box 910, Kenansville, North Carolina 28349
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8 a.m – 5 p.m.
- Meeting Agenda
- Meeting Calendar 2022
- Past Meetings (Archives)
- Meeting Procedures
- Rules for Public Comments
- Presentation Guidelines
- Clerk to the Board:
Click Here to View the Commissioner’s Packet
- District 1 – Elwood Garner
- District 2 – Dexter B. Edwards, Chair
- District 3 – Kennedy Thompson, Vice-Chair
- District 4 – Jesse L. Dowe, III
- District 5 – Wayne E. Branch
- BOCC Past & Present