- Delivery of assistance through public assistance Programs to eligible persons within the confines of the law.
- Provide social programs designed to alleviate human suffering, protect children, disabled and elderly adults.
- Help people in their struggle to become self-sufficient and attain a better way of life.
General Services Provided:
- Income Maintenance Services:
- Food and Nutrition Services
- Work First Program
- Medical assistance for families with children
- Medical assistance for aged and disabled adults
- North Carolina Health Choice for children
- Low Income Energy Assistance Program
- Crisis Intervention Program
- Program Integrity Unit
- Child Support Services:
- Full child support services to anyone requesting assistance. There is a small fee for non-public assistance clients.
- Social Work Services
- Helping families with assessment of social problems, counseling, and intervention as needed to solve difficult situations and assure safety of children and adults.
Reports of abuse, neglect, or dependency of children can made during business hours at the above listed number; report can be made after hours by calling (910) 271-4985.