- Delivery of assistance through public assistance Programs to eligible persons within the confines of the law.
- Provide social programs designed to alleviate human suffering, protect children, disabled and elderly adults.
- Help people in their struggle to become self-sufficient and attain a better way of life.
General Services Provided:
- Income Maintenance Services:
- Food and Nutrition Services
- Work First Program
- Medical assistance for families with children
- Medical assistance for aged and disabled adults
- North Carolina Health Choice for children
- Low Income Energy Assistance Program
- Crisis Intervention Program
- Program Integrity Unit
- Child Support Services:
- Full child support services to anyone requesting assistance. There is a small fee for non-public assistance clients.
- Social Work Services
- Helping families with assessment of social problems, counseling, and intervention as needed to solve difficult situations and assure safety of children and adults.
DSS Meeting Minutes:
Click Here for the Meeting Minutes Webpage!
Reports of abuse, neglect, or dependency of children can made during business hours at the above listed number; report can be made after hours by calling (910) 271-4985.