- Delivery of assistance through public assistance Programs to eligible persons within the confines of the law.
- Provide social programs designed to alleviate human suffering, protect children, disabled and elderly adults.
- Help people in their struggle to become self-sufficient and attain a better way of life.
General Services Provided:
- Income Maintenance Services:
- Food and Nutrition Services
- Work First Program
- Medical assistance for families with children
- Medical assistance for aged and disabled adults
- North Carolina Health Choice for children
- Low Income Energy Assistance Program
- Crisis Intervention Program
- Program Integrity Unit
- If you have questions or would like to provide verifications for Medicaid, you can email the information to the central Medicaid email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Child Support Services:
- Full child support services to anyone requesting assistance. There is a small fee for non-public assistance clients.
- Social Work Services
- Helping families with assessment of social problems, counseling, and intervention as needed to solve difficult situations and assure safety of children and adults.
DSS Meeting Minutes:
Click Here for the Meeting Minutes Webpage!
LIHEAP PUBLIC NOTICE
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) Block Grant FY 2024 and attachments Public Notice and Detailed LIHEAP Model Plan are available online. Click the links to view the plan and submit comments until 9/7/23.
Hawkins v. Cohen (5:17-cv-00581-FL) Notice
DSS Instructions for Hawkins v. Cohen (5:17-CV-581 E.D.N.C.)
Pandemic Electronic Benefits (P-EBT) FAQ
North Carolinians Can Apply Online for Help with Energy Costs Beginning Monday, January 4, 2021
Public Notice SPA 21-0024 (Skilled Nursing Facilities)
Notice to Class of Proposed Settlement of Franklin v. Kinsley
As grocery prices continue to rise, senior citizens can get help filling their baskets. Individuals age 60+ who are balancing a limited income may be eligible to participate in several North Carolina programs that offer food benefits and help with common expenses such as utilities, phone, and internet. These programs include food assistance such as NC Food and Nutrition Services (FNS).
Learn more about the different types of assistance available to you, as well as how to qualify and apply, at www.NCDHHS.gov/SeniorResources.