The Duplin County Board of Elections monthly meeting will be held Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 10:00am via telephone
Call-In number: (425)436-6352
Access code: 531-745
Late Friday evening, Duplin County Health Department received confirmation of a fifth resident who has tested positive for COVID-19. The Duplin County Health Department is still working to gather all of the necessary information regarding this case. No further details about the patient will be released. Due to the increasing number of positive cases, we will be providing public updates at 2:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and Fridays of each week.
Duplin County residents need to know the most effective ways to prevent the spread is to practice the following: social distancing, proper hand hygiene and limiting social interaction.
A telephone line dedicated to COVID-19 questions has been established at the Health Department: 910-296-2130 ext. 8160. No medical advice or assessments will be given from this phone line.
Due to the impact of COVID-19 on Duplin County residents and Governor Cooper’s Executive Order 124, Duplin County Water Department will not disconnect service to residential customers for non-payment for at least 60 days. We will not impose late fees during this, but we encourage customers to keep bill payments current, if possible, to avoid a large balance due once the deferment period has ended.
Please note, our water bills are pre-printed with statements saying that service will be disconnected if bills are not paid by the due date; however, the enactment of payment leniency for utility bills is currently in effect. Please disregard the service disconnection statement on your Duplin County Water bill at this time.
North Carolina Baptists on Mission is partnering with Duplin County Government to provide a daily meal for school-aged children due to the absence of school
meal availability. Beginning Monday, April 6, 2020, a mid-day meal will be available to K-12 aged children at designated sites in the county. Coordination efforts are currently underway. Details about pick-up locations and times will be announced later this week.
A Duplin County resident has tested positive for the Coronavirus (COVID-19). This is Duplin County’s first case since COVID-19 was reported in the state of North Carolina. Duplin County Health Department was notified of the positive test on March 24th, 2020, by the resident’s primary care physician. It has been determined by the Health Department, that this case was a result of travel related contact with someone having COVID-19.
Duplin County Health Department staff are monitoring the individual and are following up with all persons identified as a close contact to the case. The patient, along with their family, are currently following isolation protocol at home in accordance with CDC protocol and are under the supervision of Duplin County Health Department.
Duplin County Health Department continues to reinforce and promote the message of social distancing,proper hand washing hygiene, as well as personal and community safety. All residents are urged to take the appropriate measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
• Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or more, if soap is unavailable use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
• Do not touch your face, eyes, nose and mouth.
• Avoid all contact with sick people or persons.
• Implement social distancing at all times when around others.
• Clean and disinfect all surfaces.
• Cover your cough and sneezes with a tissue and throw the tissue away.
• Stay home if you are sick and keep sick children home.
It is important to implement social distancing at all times to avoid large crowds and personal exposure to anyone who falls in the high-risk category. Duplin County Health Department has activated a telephone line specifically dedicated to COVID-19: 910-296-2130 (ext. 8160). This line is for general questions and no medical advice or assessments will be given from this line. Duplin County residents,who have traveled to an area where COVID-19 is present within the last 14 days and have symptoms and are concerned need to contact their primary physician or healthcare provider.
Beginning March 24, 2020, Social Services will be closing the lobby to the public but will be providing curbside service to assist citizens with applying for services, making payments in cash, and assessing service needs. Anyone needing assistance with applications will be able to come into the agency after meeting with outside staff. This change will minimize exposure for clients and staff. Residents are encouraged to contact the agency prior to coming to the agency in order to determine whether your needs can be met by phone or computer or to schedule an appointment. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications for Food and Nutrition Services and Medicaid can be completed online with ePass at https://epass.nc.gov/CitizenPortal/application.do . Paper copies of the application can also be picked up through curbside service. Assistance with applications can be provided at the agency if needed.
- There is a drop box available on the left front-side of the building and can be utilized for dropping off applications or other paperwork for an employee. Payments can also be left in the drop box in the form of check or money order and should be in a sealed envelope with your name, address, and date of birth written on the outside of the envelope. Any payments in cash can be paid at curbside service as well.
- Crisis Intervention (CIP) and Low Income Energy Assistance (LIEAP) applications can be completed by phone by contacting the 910-296-2372.
- Please contact the following numbers if you need assistance or would like to schedule an appointment.
- Main Number: 910-296-2200
- Child abuse and neglect reports: 910-296-2200 or 910-271-4985
- Adult abuse, neglect, and exploitation reports: 910-296-2200 or 910-271-4038.
- Child Support: 910-296-2213.
- Non emergency Transportation and Special Assistance: 910-296-2382.
Due to the corona virus threat the 2020 Cabin Lake 13th Annual Youth Fishing Tournament has been canceled.
Duplin County Animal Services
117 Middleton Cemetery Lane
Kenansville, NC 28349
In the interest of public safety and the state executive order 117, we advise the following recommendations for Duplin County Animal Services.
- All transporters need to remain in their vehicles and call 910-296-2159 or 910-289-7604, on arrival for assistance. Please do not enter the building. We will bring the animal out to you.
- All potential adopters, only one person at a time walking through the building.
- Anyone needing rabies vaccinations for your pet, leave your animal in the vehicle while we prepare your paperwork and process your payment. We will go to your vehicle to give the vaccine.
- If you feel unwell or have a fever, do not enter the building. Call 910-296-2159 or 910-289-7604 for assistance.
- All complaints should dial 910-296-2159 or 910-289-7604.In the event that you do not get an answer, please leave your address, name and callback number. We will call you back as soon as possible. If it is an emergency please dial 911.
- If you are missing a pet, you may email a picture to email@example.com. If you feel that you need to check the shelter for yourself, we understand. Please be mindful of only one person at a time inside the building.
- Rescues can view animals in our adoptable album. If you need to evaluate an animal, please call 910-296-2159 or 910-289-7604 for an appointment.
For anyone needing assistance from the Register of Deeds office in the next few weeks, please visit our website and follow the directions for getting copies of your Vital Records. If you need to get a marriage license, please apply online and then call our office to make an appointment to come in with required documentation to pick-up license. If you need to record real estate documents (or any recordings), please use the Electronic Recording System outlined on our website. If you need deeds looked up, please call our office for help.
To order vital records go to: www.getcertificatenow.com/Duplin
The Register of Deeds website is: www.duplinrod.com
We strongly encourage law offices to enroll with one of the following vendors to erecord:
Simplifile: www.simplifile.com Simplifile is waiving their start up fee if you sign up with them now.
If you have any questions about how to use our website or any other questions, please give us a call at (910) 296-2108.